Have SAP S/4HANA or thinking of upgrading? SAP Security for S/4HANA is different from traditional ECC security; the main difference is that Security in S/4HANA needs to apply at both the application and database layers, whereas in the classic three tier architecture the database could only be accessed via the ECC. One other consideration is the Security for interfaces, such as Fiori Apps.
As companies migrate from the traditional ECC to SAP S/4HANA, they need to consider the implications to the way the SAP Security concepts have also changed. It is not as simple as adopting the Security concepts applied for the ECC. Winterhawk’s SAP Security team is ready to support organisations embrace a new SAP Security model and secure the compliant user access transition between classic and new ERP platforms. Our teams are experienced in providing:
- The mapping ECC user access and roles to SAP S/4HANA access
- The performance of S/4HANA Role Designs / Re-designs
- Review existing Security concepts applied and adapt any new access risks and Segregation of Duties (SoDs) models that are required in the S/4HANA platform
- Secure access to S/4HANA interfaces, sensitive data, database objects, transport management, web-based access and FIORI apps
- Appropriate changes to the implemented internal controls framework, removing duplicated mitigating controls