Use real-time information to operate with less risk and more reward, to gain a competitive edge in today’s fast-paced automotive industry. Understand your customers better, manufacture more efficiently, and deliver quality products on-time and within budget.
How can SAP solutions help automotive companies?
• Innovate more quickly with higher quality
• Manufacture and distribute efficiently and contain costs
• Respond intelligently to supply chain risks and opportunities
• Sell and service profitably while delivering a delightful ownership experience
• Manage risk, finance, and compliance
Industry priorities for automotive companies
• Sustainable product innovation: Collaborate in real time across globally dispersed product design and engineering teams in a sustainable ecosystem.
• Manufacturing and logistics: Achieve efficiency by aligning stakeholders, assets, and processes across engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing operations.
• Responsive supply networks: Integrate supply chain processes across interdependent networks to deliver real-time visibility and seize opportunity while detecting and avoiding risk.
• Marketing, sales, and aftermarket: Delight customers with a simple, unique, and pleasurable buying and ownership experience.
Transforming the automotive value chain
• Deliver simplified, intuitive, and agile user experiences across the lifecycle – from design to buying and ownership
• Support a self-service e-commerce store integrated with all channels, enabling customers and distributors to find and order service parts and configurable products
• Monitor and manage social media sentiment toward your products and brands by aggregating information on blogs, tweets, and Facebook posts into a net sentiment score
• Understand the factors driving brand equity and generate deep insights about product launches, marketing campaigns, and market dynamics
• Empower users with SAP Mobile Platform to collaborate and improve performance and satisfaction in the design centre, plant, and dealership
• Use a real-time data platform to store and relate operational business data and vehicle data to build innovation and differentiation quickly
• Help ensure the uninterrupted flow of products and services by uncovering and responding to issues across the product lifecycle with the SAP HANA platform and analytics solutions from SAP
• Drive highly autonomous innovation by using a reliable and fast platform to support vehicle-to-vehicle intercommunication and sense-and-respond applications that process and analyse dynamic vehicle data
• Unlock the treasure of Big Data, from vehicle telematics in real time to latent data such as warranty to predict, understand, and respond to product failure and safety issues with SAP HANA and analytics solutions from SAP
• Adapt to changes in technology quickly
• Implement solutions quickly with the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service to grow the core manufacturing business, enhance processes, and expand the company through connected technology
• Foresee and react to changing conditions, risks, and opportunities in the automotive supply chain and within the extended enterprise with SAP HANA and analytics solutions from SAP
• Over 6,300 automotive companies in 101 countries use SAP solutions
• 96% of automotive companies in the Forbes Global 2000 use SAP solutions
• SAP solutions support the manufacture of more than 95,000 vehicles per day
• 96% of the world’s manufacturers of auto and truck parts in the Forbes Global 2000 use SAP solutions
• Companies that use SAP solutions produce more than 82% of the world’s motorcycles
Source: SAP analysis of Forbes Global 2000 rankings and SAP customer database.
Automotive organisations leveraging SAP include:
- Continental Tires
- Daimler AG
- General Motors
- Jaguar Land Rover
- National Electric Vehicle of Sweden
- Mercedes AMG
Why GRC in automotive?
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions enable automotive clients to realise a number of benefits, including;
• Control simplification
• Automation and optimisation (removing duplicative controls)
• Improving capital expenditure decisions
• Reducing the likelihood of recalls
• Improvements in safety
• Quicker response times to events affecting assets
• Reduction in regulatory fines and findings (Sarbanes Oxley, GDPR etc) with fewer lawsuits
• Detection and prevention of penetration/cyber-attacks and fraud
• Greater insight into process deficiencies
Winterhawk clients in the automotive sector include Jaguar LandRover and NGK Spark Plug Co, leveraging a range of GRC products and SAP Security services.