What’s new in GRC Access Control 12.0?
GRC 12.0 is due for release on the 21st of March 2018 and with it comes the re-enforced message that GRC On-Premise continues to be invested in and innovated upon despite further cloud innovation for the GRC applications.
Some of the new functionality coming out with GRC 12.0 includes:
1) New, pre-delivered Fiori tile catalog for GRC dashboards
Prior to GRC 12.0, in version 10.1, Fiori tiles had to be customised to enable the GRC Fiori-based interface.
2) NetWeaver Business Client screens for GRC Administrators can be replaced by Fiori-like screens.
Retaining functionality, the NetWeaver Business Client screens are replaced with the improved user interface screens in Fiori. These Fiori-like screens can be added to a central dashboard along with other areas. Functionality areas compatible with these Fiori-like tiles include areas such as Business Role Maintenance.
3) Introduction of Overview Pages
For increased management reporting potential within Access Control.
4) Integration with the SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance (Cloud IAG) solution, using something called Bridge Sync.
This demonstrates an important next step for companies adopting SAP Cloud solutions such as Ariba, Fieldglass and Concur. Now that Access Control 12.0 integrates with Cloud IAG, the Risk Analysis and User Provisioning processes can be catered for, compliantly, across SAP On-Premise and Cloud applications natively.
5) New Access Control risk ruleset content for SAP S/4HANA
With S/4HANA changing the authorisation model, and as transactions become obsolete or simplified, a new Access Control risk library has been the number one requirement for our customers who have been migrating to S/4HANA.
6) Extend Emergency Access Management (EAM) functionality into HANA
By providing a simple HANA connector, organisations can audit track actions performed within the HANA database and continue to utilise the Firefighter ID concept for those requesting privileged access.
7) Mass Role Methodology Update – Ability to perform/reapply methodology for multiple roles at a time
This functionality will enable you to select multiple roles at a time and update the methodology process. Default methodology will be considered to update roles, and the background job will be scheduled to update the methodology process.
Updated Architecture for GRC Access Control 12.0
- SAP NetWeaver needs to be upgraded to version 7.52
- Also required is SAP UI 7.52 SP02
- There are no migration steps required going from GRC 10.1 to 12.0
For more information or to discuss your business challenges, contact us at email@example.com.